Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Stony Brook game
Old Bison 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-09-17
11-27-17 01:38 PM - Post#238091    
    In response to bison63

Thought Nate did a fantastic defensive job on #12 after Nana sat with two and was key to us getting the 1st half advantage (along with ZT's 5 3 pt plays obviously). Even Nana had a hard time with his physicality. 137 - my confusion on the defensive end was/is I can't tell what "keys" how we defend the ball screen and how we defend screens off the ball. Seems to be a hodgepodge that sometimes results in confusion and being out of position. Also, we do seem to actively concentrate on weak side defense...not really true of Paulsen's tenure where everybody was taught "stay at home". We're often also late on building a baseline wall that allows the ball to come out too quickly to the perimeter, where rotations are by then well behind. That team (SB) was up double digits at Ball and #1 was a jet. They have also been good performers on their home floor in recent years. All things considered was great to get a result. Some really poor mental errors by Seniors down the stretch. Stephen trying to split defenders for no reason instead of understanding score/clock. Nana picking up a fourth foul and putting a guy on the line late when he inexplicably chased #1 out to the deep corner. Really poor entry pass to Nana by Bruce from the corner. Not always going to get bailed out by 58% FT shooting. If both clubs shot EXACTLY 75% from the line we lose by 1. Easy to always pick out the bad stuff and in this case easy to pick out the good stuff...38 from Zach/23-24/Sotos 3-3 from 3. Dribble drive penetration still an issue. Don't know how it gets better when opponents are that quick. Great win. .500 seemed like a dream a week ago. SJU won't be an any easier for sure. Someone mentioned lack of defensive flexibility with Avi hurt. Does put a lot of pressure on when match-ups aren't optimal but potential solutions appear less appealing. I absolutely love the game (not as much as women), but I wouldn't want to be a coach.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.219 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:02 AM