Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Early Season "Swing Games"
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
12-03-17 12:13 PM - Post#238886    
    In response to SomeGuy

I don't know if it's been discussed much, but school academic calendars were reputedly a major influence on last year's tournament. For example, I know that Harvard players apparently pulled all nighters for midterms and papers before boarding the bus from Boston to Philly. Penn had the week off to practice on the home court. I knew more about Princeton and Yale then.

Looking to this year:

Harvard, Yale, Columbia: midterms likely (Harvard definitely) right up to the tournament weekend, which is at the start of spring break

Penn: week off (spring break) heading into the tournament; midterms completed over a week prior to tip off.

Dartmouth: Final exams (not midterms) start Friday and end Monday, tournament most inconvenient - right in the middle.

Princeton: midterm week follows the tournament

Brown, Cornell: uncertain, appears midterms are likely two weeks after tournament (could start week following)

Please feel free to update with info. Thus:

Advantage:
1) Penn
2) Brown, Cornell

Disadvantage:
1) Dartmouth
2) Harvard, Yale, Columbia
3) Princeton

Bias acknowledged, but the Ivy League couldn't have tipped the scales more if it tried. Schools with exams have to travel the furthest (Dartmouth, Harvard), while the only school with a week off plays at home.

Good Job.

Edited by HARVARDDADGRAD on 12-03-17 12:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.246 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:24 PM