Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Fordham
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
12-07-17 09:35 AM - Post#239455    
    In response to 84grad

The injury bug has certainly been sneaky this year - losing players at the Wooden and not having folks available last night (maybe not having TMac and Egi all year, but I'm not convinced how integral to the rotation they'd be even if healthy).

I'm excited about this team, if they can get full strength over the exam break. There's a rotation of 8 really good players there (Aiken, Johnson, Towns, Haskett, Djuricic, Baker, Bassey, Lewis) with a few more that can slot in as needed.

I still believe that the 3PT shooting will turn, and I think it's great that Harvard is figuring out how to maintain in games when it can't shoot from 3 (not sure going to tough 2PT Js is the answer, like last night, but they've frequently started feeding Lewis, which is higher percentage and the preferable option).

We have to remember that this is the ninth-or-so youngest team in America still. Young teams get better over the course of the season in two areas where Harvard is getting destroyed right now (TOs and rotation defense). Also, the missed 3s and TOs are causing opponents to get a LOT of quick shots at the rim (~50% of shots within 10 seconds of a rebound and ~74% of shots within 10 seconds of a steal are at the rim) and that's about 17% of opponents initial FG attempts right now. As Harvard makes more threes and commits fewer live-ball turnovers, there should be some residual benefits to the defense not being put in bad spots.

I remain less worried than most. That being said, I'd like to see some of this snap back soon...
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.722 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:55 AM