Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Topic Split: Tops in the league on Pomeroy!
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
12-26-17 09:24 AM - Post#241311    
    In response to Mike Porter

• Quote:
As to Chambers and Weisz, I will always have a different view as to value to the team vs. what pure statistics say. They would play on my team any day of the week, month or year.

This is one where the coaches very much agree, and I don't as much. I don't like being on my own against the coaches, so I'm probably wrong there. There's definitely a leadership component to consider here, but from a raw output perspective, both Chambers and Weisz maybe got more credit for who they were at their peak than who they were as seniors. I'm in the minority on that opinion, though.

• Quote:
Haven't watched Harvard much, but the mystery here is Towns. Too passive, not getting good PG service, or what?

Between foul trouble, food poisoning and some Amaker decisions, Towns has only played about 50% of team minutes. I think that's coloring the view of how he's played this year. When he's on the floor, he's using 31% of possessions and taking 32% of the shots (49% eFG) and he's scoring 22 pts per 40 mins. He's gone over 20 in a game already three times this season. His biggest issues to work through are bad fouls defensively and taking some tough shots - almost like he wants to prove how tough a shot he can make.

• Quote:
Mike - serious Q: what the heck is up with Amaker's lineups? Seem nonsensical to a casual observer.

They are. We can all criticize Amaker's in-game coaching, but he enforces a very strong culture within the program. Many of the seemingly crazy things he does (and throwing away about 10 poss per game in about half the games already this year with some bizarre starting lineups qualifies) are meant to reinforce that culture. The injuries/illnesses have contributed to things getting even weirder than usual this year. My hope is that everyone has gotten the message, because a full strength Harvard squad should be competitive at Minnesota and vs. Vermont. And, conversely, sticking with the same recent starting lineup could lead to Harvard getting embarrassed in both.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.186 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:42 AM