Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Pennsylvania
SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
01-06-18 08:55 PM - Post#242493    
    In response to umbrellaman

That was a frustrating affair. You cannot allow Penn to go 22-38 from inside the arc, with almost every make at the rim. Nice job cutting off Betley's water in the second half, but jeez. Would have loved to see some zone cheating toward Betley. Make the other guys on that team put up shots from outside--they're mostly brickmasons. What the heck was going on?

Princeton could have scored much more efficiently if their eyes didn't get so big when they saw a mismatch where they would immediately go one-on-one. Penn had much the better ball movement and passing, which I hate to see. (Rothschild was really good for Penn, playing very solid perimeter defense at times while moving the basketball effectively and finishing in close. ) On the few possessions the Tigers did move without the ball and zip it around they got great looks. Penn was playing to cut off the three-point shot first, but with a little passing and off-ball screaming Princeton could have converted some of their 10 turnovers into extra trey attempts. And of course, just an average shooting performance on the shots they did take out there would have swung the game.

As for the rotation issue, my only concern is that some guys get in for a couple of possessions without settling in, like LeBlanc with a scattered 5 minutes. Arirguzoh could have used more than 4 minutes; I thought he gave the Penn bigs more physical resistance on both ends than the other post guys.

Officiating not as bad as i've seen in the past on Saturdays. At least they were fairly consistent in making it almost impossible to draw a charge while allowing dribblers to push off, dip the shoulder into a defender, etc., subject only to a set of random traveling calls. (Penn's guards might not have travelled on all those clumsy lose-possession-and-regai n-it drives, but it sure looked like there was a lot of missed foot-shuffling.)
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.455 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:23 PM