Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Pennsylvania
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
01-07-18 08:40 AM - Post#242542    
    In response to penn nation

It was winter break -- it was cold -- it was a postponement but it is a major city in the U.S. and there was a small crowd of mostly older people who were pretty laid back during the game. I met a very kind Penn alumni who came to the Palestra at 6m last night only to go to the Drexel game and he asked me how did I know last night's game was cancelled. Glorious win for Penn without many people seeing it other than attendees and ILDN.

Players from both teams had trouble keeping their footing -- may have been a function of the outside/inside temperature with some warming up due to people in the building. Foreman did the best job of mopping up. Announcer for games and prizes hurt one's ears. My son who attended a wonderful ACC school at a historical venue had some fun with me regarding IL BB yesterday.

Palestra is a great classical building and deserved better. Poorly handled by Penn Athletic Department from Friday afternoon going forward. Not a great advertisement for the Palestra as to IL Tournament in March. I have always expressed a preference for the Palestra for the tournament if the silly tournament is held but ... Hopefully, Robin and the merry men will have contingencies in March. If IL wants to enhance reputation, schools need to step up.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.189 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:28 PM