Username Post: Pennsylvania
1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
Reg: 11-21-04
01-07-18 11:41 AM - Post#242561    
    In response to palestra38

Well played game. Just watched the replay as I was in the air yesterday and the Southwest internet could not stream it.

Penn showed what I expected after watching the Dayton game: excellent team play on offense and defense.

After we clamped down on Be(n)tley (just so we all know who we are talking about) in the second half, it became a 4 on 4 contest with less help available by Princeton. This opened the floor for driving and interior moves by the Penn bigs.

Derosier and Gladson are a step slow on defense, and Cannady is a half step slow. Much is undersized for interior D. Aririguzoh remains intriguing. That broad base of his in defense allows him to slide, but not much of a leap is possible when his man goes up.

Bell played great on defense and just shy of great on offense. The downside of his sliding, reaching move to the hoop is that he cannot dish if help comes. He's a senior now; not much hope he can significantly modify his game. I would like to see him drive more and dish.

Cannady is scary when he drives--sometimes a great finish, and sometimes a bad turnover.

At the 2:08 mark, with Bell lying on the floor in pain, Foreman steps over him like he's not worth walking around.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.267 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:12 AM