Username Post: all that happened
Mike Porter 
Postdoc
Mike Porter
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 11-21-04
01-10-18 04:16 PM - Post#242901    
    In response to pennsive

Jeff - I pay for Kenpom and track the advanced stats closely to the best of my ability (have enjoyed learning from stats folks that have shared their knowledge here), and I agree statistically overall we've only jumped 20-30 spots. I also agree overall the league is down in ratings (injuries being a big part) and that's why we are currently rated a higher in league than expected.

What I don't understand is why this post was necessary (and dude this is clearly a mistimed downer)?

Where are all the Penn fan posts saying we are now the best or overestimating our chances to win? Maybe one or two posts? I just don't see it. Seriously, I'd love to know what posts set you off to want to write this?

I see a lot of excited fans and more confident and hopeful than we've been in years. I mean, hell, we hadn't beaten Princeton in years... how #%$@ sad is that? Hell yes I was excited, but it was 1 game in 14 game season, and despite that Kenpom currently has us finishing with best Ivy regular season record, I frankly still think Princeton is the favorite so if anything I'm being even more conservative in my expectations than analytics would suggest. I've seen other Penn fans say the same about Princeton, so I just don't get why now?
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.47 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:00 PM