Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: all that happened
palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
01-10-18 06:00 PM - Post#242915    
    In response to Jeff2sf

You want to compare predictions so far Jeff? I predicted Penn for 3rd place ("19-11 over all, 9-5 Ivies, 3rd place") although I believe that was before Yale suffered its crippling injuries. You and I went at it head to head on that ridiculously long Red and Blue thread, where you said they would be worse this year with the loss of Howard and ridiculed the idea that Woods would improve. Here's what I said pre-season about Princeton:

"Mike, maybe you can explain this to me, but as I look at Princeton, I see a team that lost 4 seniors --all forwards (Cook, Weisz, Caruso and Miller) who played 90 minutes, scored 37 points, and 17.4 rebounds per game yet you seem to feel that this will not be missed because their returning players shoot 3s really well? Where are they going to get the play up front to replace them? All their returning stars are guards."

So far, I think that my predictions have been a step above yours. But there is a long way to go. What no one can understand is why you are crowing about Penn's improvement being unreal after a win against Princeton. That's when we question whether your intolerance about possible being wrong is stronger than your fandom.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.215 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:11 AM