Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cornell
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
01-11-18 09:44 AM - Post#242963    
    In response to palestra38

Smith’s 20 that day came on sub 40% shooting for the day (including 4 for 12 on 2 pointers). So to me, most of the time when I watch Columbia, they actually would be better off if he didn’t shoot as much. He got his 20, and it was enough to win. But I think they’d be more efficient with better distribution.

Cornell is the opposite. Almost any shot that Morgan doesn’t take is a bad shot.

I do agree that results matter most, and I also think that we’ve matched up better physically with Cornell in recent years. Columbia was tougher than Cornell overall. My guess is that Columbia and Cornell are more comparable this year. Cornell appears to be better than last year, and Columbia seems about the same as last year. We will find out more soon. If the OOC results translate to the conference season, both Columbia and Cornell may seem better this year, as the lack of top 100 teams will lead to more wins for the back half of the conference.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.258 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:13 AM