Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Max Johns to Princeton
SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
01-11-18 02:50 PM - Post#243024    
    In response to westcoast

It's funny to say that MH favors the classic Princeton center when he's removed that element of the offense more and more the last few years. The back-to-the-basket, high-post passer who would also spin to drive when the defender cheated to one side, and who could also score from the low post with a hook shot (complemented by an up-and-under move) is vestigial at most. I think the bigs still get drilled on those fundamentals somewhat, because I see flashes, but for the most part they aren't permitted to operate that way. This season, even the dribble handoffs at the top of the key have mostly disappeared.

Much is versatile enough to play as an old-school Tiger center of this type, but he's been used as a face-the-basket wing. I think the team could improve its efficiency if it started more possessions running some of the old stuff, just to get the ball moving and to get more chances for easy assisted baskets. If that were the plan, Aririguzoh would be a good choice because he not only is the most physical post defender but the best (or at least most eager-seeming) post passer (Gladson next) that I've seen on this squad. Of course, that would require the team to make more of the fabled "hard cuts" that have been pretty sparse in Princeton's losses.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.227 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:43 PM