Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Lehigh Game
Old Bison 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-09-17
01-12-18 01:52 PM - Post#243187    
    In response to Old Bison

FWIW - Nana went from 11-15/12-15 against American and LaSalle to 8,9,4,and 8 shots. James Karnik a freshman got 8 shots for Lehigh last night. It's a simplication because the other team is really concentrating on taking Nana away but at the same time its our job to not let them take Nana away. There are so many different aspects o this that its hard to identify them all in a short post. But lets start:

1. We don't high pick and roll with anybody put the 5 (this takes him away from the post

2. We NEVER get a basket or even a look off the roll (NF is good on the screen but not on the roll)

3. We never cross screen to free Nana to get the ball closer to the hoop. (i.e., we leave it for Nana to battle individually for post position and he's getting it too far off the box and in a lot of instances to close to the baseline

4. WE never dribble to the corner for the purpose of an entry pass

5. WE never go 3-2 and work high-low, use diagonal cuts, cross-screen and back screen in the interior.

6. OSN, Zach is passing up shot after shot at the 3 line and dribbling into tough double teams and high degree of difficulty attempts. It's hard to even bring this up because the guy is so effective it's really nit-picking. The point is that in order to perform at the OOC level we discussed we have to perform optimally why the other team justs has to perform close to their norm. He shoots 44.8% before last nights game from 3 if I'm correct. The ball fake to the floor is almost reflexive at this stage and I'd love to see him get back to catch and shoot and the 3 line. If you watched the Lafayette game and you didn't look at a stat sheet you would have said he had a tough game (yet he finished with 25 with not horrendous shooting stats). You could make the case that my assessment is wrong because he draws fouls and gets to the line on his drives and I would agree 100%. My point is he has gotten into a bad habit of turning his back INTO double teams and increasing the dod of his FGA's. Not a huge problem against Lehigh but if you do that against a #3 seed in the round of 64 its more problematic.

Enough for now - 2 very long posts...apologies
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.633 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:33 AM