Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Yale 78 Brown 72.
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
01-15-18 09:34 PM - Post#243668    
    In response to JBears

I didn’t see much of the first half, but this felt like a solid enough performance by Brown, facing a much higher ranked team in their home Ivy opener.

Yale beat us up in the paint pretty good, on the boards and scoring inside. That is absolutely the consequence of a small lineup. If they’re going to go that small, then they must do a better job of stopping penetration and swarming inside. Still Brown was in it, and had they hit their free throws, they very well may have stolen this from an uncharacteristically sloppy Yale. Yale got a special performance from Phills, which was one guy Brown wasn’t coming in thinking much about. This was a winnable game down the stretch and you like seeing this young team struggle through and still be close.

The one stat that stood out to me the most was the differential in assists. Yale had 19 on 28. Brown 9 on 23. Brown’s not a high assist rate team, but the stat doesn’t feel great. Honestly I’m not sure if it matters given this team’s makeup or not.

All will be forgiven if Brown can hold of Yale at home.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.255 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:08 AM