Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cornell
hoops123 
Freshman

Reg: 12-14-16
02-04-18 01:44 PM - Post#246055    
    In response to flinder

Just sitting back watching some extremely bad basketball. This is much like the Ivy basketball of old. A generally bad league with an occasional bright spot. We're playing pretty bad teams and can't finish games. We live by the three and die by the three. Short of a few nice inside games by Knight (hearing he was sick) and one or two by Emery, we have no offensive formula, and we're not doing that well now as a three team. What I keep coming back to is poor coaching. Why is our team not ready to play? Why aren't we exploiting clear deficits that our opponents have. Example: other than Gettings, Cornell has no bigs on the floor or as backups on the bench. You attack Gettings at the basket, get him in foul trouble, then pound the ball on the block where our bigs should be able to dominate smaller defenders. We did it only occasionally. We should do it until they stop us. Nope. McLAUGHlin keeps running different sets. Why??? If i'm the other team, I clear out and go one on one with whoever Barry or Johnson or Wright is guarding. Any of our defenders actually. They're fouling machines and terrible defenders. You want to beat Dartmouth? Attack the basket relentlessly. Hey David McLAUGHlin: is our team working harder, smarter, and together? NO. That's on you! WE ARE NOT WINNING!! Are our leaders (you and our captains) helping us to win? No. That's on you! The ONLY thing that sometimes keeps me in a positive mindset is that we have been able to come back in some games where we've been down. Unfortunately, that's easy to do when your season is already over and you have nothing to lose. Our guys were laughing at each other near the end of the game which clearly tells me that McLAUGHlin has thrown in the towel and told the guys to have fun. And PS McLAUGHlin, you sound like a broken record in your interviews. We don't care what your guys have been doing in practice that makes you feel so special about losing. We're happy you think they "work" (as if other teams don't??) so stop being captain obvious and try WINNING. It's the best disinfectant to the product YOU are putting on the floor right now. Just win, and stop with the excuses....GBG...
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.226 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:40 PM