Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Yale
TheLine 
Professor

Reg: 07-07-09
02-04-18 05:28 PM - Post#246098    
    In response to 10Q

I was at the game with my daughter. Sounds like I was sitting not too far from Colin.

While AJ's offense was MIA - lots of misses and a few fumbles of good passes by Darnell and Antonio - he was a force on D snuffing out Yale's inside game. The D didn't function so well with AJ on the bench.

I find myself in the habit of counting Darnell's shots. I was getting worried early because he was ahead of schedule. Otherwise, a very Darnell-like performance.

Ryan didn't seem to have his legs at all. The offense seemed stagnant for stretches because he wasn't moving at his usual speed. The Brown game must've taken a lot out of him.

Max had a good game - some nifty moves around the hoop, only 2 TOs and 1 foul. Decent on D but has problems when AJ isn't there with him.

Another game where Caleb saved the offense. I'm happy Donahue has become comfortable giving him major minutes.

Would like to see more of Jake. Those 2 3's he hit were critical.

Antonio was player of the game. Some really big plays on offense, played shutdown D.

Oni disappeared from the game after Woods started covering him. Woods seemed to be picking up any guard who was hot after that. There was one sequence where Phils tried multiple moves - a drive to the left, a stutter step, even a double crossover - and Woods picked them all up. Phils eventually gave up.

Woods also had a few nice baskets going to the hoop in traffic, picking up a lot of contact on the way - sometimes called, sometimes not.

And I'm willing to forgive the 3-point shooting spree - they weren't awful shots, a couple when halfway down before coming back out. Still, would prefer he leave the outside shooting early in the clock to others.

Plus he's my daughter's favorite player, so there's that.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.223 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:51 AM