Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Yale
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-05-18 12:22 AM - Post#246154    
    In response to palestra38

The "Antonio doubters" only come out when you make hyperbolic statements about his play and misrepresent both what you have said and what we have said. In all of the scenarios we discussed, this is exactly what we were saying was a reasonable positive season for him. One where he gets more efficient and is a positive cog. He's great giving us a second ball-handler, diving along the baseline when other guys drive, etc. I agree he's been great on defense too, although I don't think there is any question that the staff still views Foreman as the best perimeter defender, which is why, he was actually switched to Cambridge and Oni (instead of Woods) whenever Anderson or Copeland was off the floor.

Woods' numbers now are, as we tried to tell you, similar to where Foreman was last year. A reasonable positive progression from where he was as a Soph. He's still 4th in scoring for us, and last among our starters in WS/40. If this is what you meant all along, great, I guess you were right, but it basically means we never disagreed in the first place. Sure sounded to me like you were predicting an All-Ivy season from a guy who would potentially be our leading scorer.

None of this is intended as a knock on Antonio, who has been a rock for us, has a high bball IQ and has saved our bacon repeatedly (as have about 7-8 different guys). I really love the way our top 6 plays right now on both offense and defense. I heartily agree that Antonio's skill set is a big part of that mix.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.249 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:13 AM