Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Dartmouth
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-09-18 10:41 AM - Post#246960    
    In response to palestra38

I would not say that an individual single digit victory is luck. I would say that, in a series of single digit games, it is lucky to win all 5. And over time the numbers support that — teams that win by fewer points win less than teams that win by more points.

I don’t think that there is any question that Penn has played the best basketball in the league thus far this year. That is true both over the course of the season as a whole, and over the 6 Ivy games thus far. I am absolutely thrilled that is the case. But there is some luck involved in what our Ivy record is, and there is good timing involved to boot — if we hold where we are in pomeroy and win the league, we will be the lowest ranked league champ since, well, I think since pomeroy started. The fact that the league doesn’t have any top 100 teams is a big factor in what our record is.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.178 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:20 AM