Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Harvard
SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
02-09-18 11:30 PM - Post#247186    
    In response to Eric Von Zipper

You could just see the confidence leak out after Harvard got the lead among a flurry of TOs in the first half. Things that puzzle me:

Why not spread the floor more against Harvard's aggressive defense, feed the high post, reverse the ball, etc.? Very often the Tigers looked like they were playing offense in a phone booth (wow, dated metaphor there).

Why almost no ball pressure on D against a Harvard team that has no actual point guard and a bunch of TO-prone players? The one appearance of the 1-3-1 discombobulated Harvard, then it disappeared never to be seen again. And I get not wanting to come out too far in the man defense past the arc to avoid giving up drives, but inducing drives into a collapsing defense from those players wouldn't be all bad.

Much has regressed offensively. I liked Gladson and Aririguzoh in the post tonight, but not enough finishes or hit FTs.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.387 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:19 AM