Username Post: Dartmouth Game Topic
weinhauers_ghost 
Postdoc

Loc: New York City
Reg: 12-14-09
02-10-18 10:06 AM - Post#247221    
    In response to Quakers03

• Quakers03 Said:
Anyone else notice the mistake Steve made in subbing out Betley on the Dartmouth free throw at the end? He seemed shocked to be leaving the floor and then wasn't back after Dartmouth made both. Darnell saved the coach by calmly sinking both, but what in the hell happened? What was he thinking? Obviously he was afraid of him getting a foul and figured Dartmouth would miss on purpose, but Ryan can rebound too. They also seemed to have a lot of confusion and ended up Icing Betley even longer before he made the second free throw to extend it to 3. Then Steve called timeout to set up the foul, but you'd like to have seen that handled prior so he could have saved his timeout and not given Dartmouth a chance to draw something up when they had 0 timeouts left. Fouling makes it more moot, but it was just awkward.

All in all it is another good win. Considering all the easy layups and 3's they missed, the fact that they haven't won up there in forever and with Max being sick? I'll take it. The 4 start definitely doesn't help, but they came out firing vs Dayton around the same time, so maybe they'll do that again tomorrow.

And how about Jake?! If he really can hit the 3, he is just going to play more and more and more. I love it.

I did. I worried that we would be stuck without a good FT shooter on the floor in a situation where DC's only play was to foul. That could have cost us the game, but Foreman came through with a pair.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.227 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:02 PM