Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Let's talk about how deep this team really is
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-11-18 04:34 PM - Post#247467    
    In response to Streamers

I guess I don’t understand the cryptic statement about JD.

To a degree with Wood, I think a shooter has to shoot. No matter how smart you are as a coach, you’re probably not going to be able to guess who will be hot and who won’t be.

Out of conference, we had a couple of games where it looked like Wood, Jones, and Donahue weren’t all on the scouting report. So whoever played a lot the last game was marked as a 3 point shooter, but somebody else could come in and be left open on the perimeter. That won’t happen in conference.

I’m really not concerned with the depth. I think we’re playing the right top 6, and I think the depth will show up if we really need it. I wouldn’t change a thing after one loss (though, as I pointed out before, I think i’d try some different defensive matchups than what I saw in the first half. Harvard isn’t a particularly strong offensive team, and we are a good defensive one, so I just don’t buy that there are spots where we don’t match up when guarding them.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.162 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:53 PM