Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Brown Leads Columbia 36-29 at Halftime
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-11-18 06:20 PM - Post#247472    
    In response to cc66

I’ve given you guys some devil’s advocate arguments on this before — namely that Hickman very clearly appears to be the team’s leader in huddles, etc., that Stefanini turns it over way too much, which means he has to eat up an alarming number of possessions to get to the counting numbers you cite (which mean absolutely nothing if other guys use those possessions more efficiently when Hickman is on the floor), and that I think Stefanini’s style defensively involves a lot of gambling that makes him look good but leaves you wondering who missed the assignment a lot.

I’ll throw out one more. When Stefanini started last weekend, he was held scoreless. It is quite possible that Engles is making a decision to have Hickman absorb the more difficult stretches of the game when the opponent’s starters are in and fresh, and then Stefanini gets the more advantageous situations against backups and/or guys who are tired. That again makes Stefanini look good, but may mean that he won’t look as good in a starting role.

Just a theory. I also will point out that Columbia and Princeton are far and away the best offensive teams in the league this year. Columbia isn’t losing because Hickman is failing to score — it is losing because the defense is one of the 50 worst in the country, and right there with Cornell for worst in the conference. So whoever is willing and able to defend should be playing. To my eye, that’s Hickman over Stefanini, though frankly it might be Hunter at that spot overall.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.233 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:57 PM