Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Brown Leads Columbia 36-29 at Halftime
Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
02-11-18 09:46 PM - Post#247492    
    In response to Old Bear

Usually, I agree with SomeGuy, but he must have missed the Columbia vs. Yale and Columbia vs. Brown games this weekend. As Old Bear just noted, Stefanini played 27 minutes against Brown and scored 20 points with a single turnover, while Hickman's stats were 5 points and two turnovers in 22 minutes. On defense, even if Hickman was better than Stefanini which was not the case, that could not possibly make up for the 15 point scoring differential in favor of Stefanini. No one could reasonably argue that Hickmani played better than Stefanini in the Brown game. However, it's the Friday night game against Yale that really bothers me and I would respectfully suggest that SomeGuy take a look at the replay on the Ivy League Digital Network. In brief, Engles started Hickman against Yale rather than Stefanini and the Lions fell behind Yale by double digit points before Engles brought Stefanini off the bench about midway thru the first half. With him on the court, the Lions caught up with Yale and took the lead at halftime. In the second half, with Stefanini again on the bench, Yale quickly regained the lead and kept the lead until Engles once again substituted Stefanini whereupon the Lions caught up with Yale and nearly won the game. Stefanini also played solid defense while he was in the game. In retrospect, I think Columbia made two very costly mistakes not giving Stefanini, and for that matter, Castlin, more playing time against Yale and Brown this weekend.

Edited by Columbia 37P6 on 02-11-18 09:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.232 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:26 AM