Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Inquirer Story on Tough Road Trip
SteveDanley 
Sophomore

Reg: 02-25-12
02-13-18 05:50 PM - Post#247745    
    In response to SteveDanley

• SteveDanley Said:
Coaches typically compound the problem through the belief that it's best for players to "get moving" early the next day, so you're up for mandatory breakfast, then shootaround, then an hour or two nap, then pre-game meal, then to the court to loosen up. It's a tough stretch.

You guys have me going down nostalgia row, so excuse me for a minute as I story tell.

One of the funnier dynamics on these road trips is that at shootaround we, as starters, desperately tried not to break a sweat (under the perhaps superstitious belief that it's harder to get loose a second time during the day, so we avoided it at shoot around if possible).

But guys who weren't playing a lot enjoyed the opportunity to get to be on the scout team and get a lot of shots / impress coaches. We had a lot of shootaround heroes -- guys out of the rotation that would torch starters at shoot around while starters went half speed.

Then the coaches would get on the starters, the starters would get pissy and have to play harder, etc.

Oh college road trips.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.88 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:32 PM