Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Columbia Leads Penn by Three at Halftime.
Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
02-16-18 10:14 PM - Post#248131    
    In response to Columbia 37P6

Running account thanks to SNY and Ivy Digital Network: Tape goes to the bench with a silly third foul on a breakaway layup. So it's up to Jaron Faulds to guard Brodeur and keep Columbia in the game. He certainly has the talent to do that. Steve Donohue puts his hot shooter, the sub, Goodman, back on the floor. I hope the Columbia coaching staff notes that for future reference. Betley is almost invisible tonight, so Donohue is keeping the hot shooter, Goodman on the floor. Smart offensive tip-in by Meisner makes it 43-39 Columbia. Engles subs Stefanini which seems like a smart move. Let's see what happens. Bingo. He scores on a smart follow-up. Ouch! out comes Meisner, in comes Hanson and he commits a quick fool. Lions holding on 45-41. Travel call on Stefanini. Hanson makes a nice block. Lions lead by two 45-43. Time Out. Penn still looking lousy and Goodman has cooled down. Seems like we have chess match between Donohue and Engles. Seems to me that Tape was unstoppably early in the game on offense. Engles needs to bring him back with maybe 6-9 minutes left in the game and tell him to play offense and try his best not to foul on defense. I wish Mesiner went inside more--needs to play with his face to the basket where he is comfortable and not with his back to the basket where he seems uneasy. Tape is back!! Penn immediately fouls him inside. Smith and Castlin connect for a nice easy basket. Hanson is on the floor instead of Meisner. Good young player, so where was he last weekend at Yale and Brown? Injured? Sick? Brodeur smartly gets a 4th personal on Tape. Lance M says he only has 3, but I count four. Smith with the play of the game--driving layup--3 point play. Columbia up by 4 at 7:42 Meisner with a three, but Goodman responds, and again as the Hot Goodman does it again Penn moves ahead by one thanks to Goodman. Donohue works the refs successfully as Meisner is scolded for playing strong defense on a throw in from the side. Where is Coach Engles to defend Meisner? Penn now throws the ball in for an open three and a four point lead. Ouch! Credit Donohue for those three points. Another questionable foul called on Smith. We are starting to give the away to Donohue. 8-point lead now and no answer from Engles. Brodeur clearly travels, but the refs overlook it and Engles . calls time but doesn't speak to the refs. Lions need instant offense, but it is probably too late. I guess we are resting Tape for tomorrow night's game. Brodeur blocks 3 point by Meisner and takes in for an easy two. Tape is still on the bench. 18-0 run by Penn--no points by in the last five minutes, Castlin finally scores a nice strong lay-up for Columbia. We are down by 11. 1:48 left. Game is winding down with Penn winning it, of course, by a 74-62 score thanks to the 18-0 late run for which we had no answer. There are no good takeaways from this game for Columbia. Columbia once again lost an early lead when the other team figured out what to do and we did not.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.145 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:48 AM