Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Big Red IL Tourney Chances
mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
02-18-18 11:42 AM - Post#248461    
    In response to Chip Bayers

While the defense is improved from the complete no-shows in the Princeton and Columbia losses, it remains pretty awful. Other than not fouling, there isn't anything they do well, and a lot of things they do rather poorly. But, if the offense isn't turning it over, and Stone and Matt are playing well, the offense can outscore the defense -- especially if others are contributing.

I agree that Boeheim, McBride and Gordon have stepped up over the last two weekends and that has helped significantly. The post-Morgan world is still bleak, but at least it looks like the Big Red have two solid starters ready in McBride and Boeheim.

Wins over Brown at home and at Dartmouth would likely be sufficient to get the Big Red into a tie for 4th. That's not a crazy scenario. But, I can't shake the thought that if Bell doesn't airball his second free throw at the end of regulation and Dartmouth doesn't blow a 5 point last-minute lead, Cornell is alone in last and remembering Bill Courtney fondly. I hate to say it, but the Big Red is in the hunt for a spot in the ILT because the middle of the league has come back to us not because we have improved.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.196 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:55 PM