Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: State of the team?
hoops123 
Freshman

Reg: 12-14-16
02-18-18 11:51 AM - Post#248468    
    In response to SomeGuy

I agree with much of your post Someguy. Tough situation. The issue is his in game coaching is poor, and our record has been poor since he got here. Not convinced McLAUGHlin personally has improved since last year/grown as a coach. The record is worse than last year. His assistants, save one very good one, are very inexperienced. The question is, how long does he get to "practice" head coaching if his record continues to be poor? Sheehy, a D3 athletic director masquerading as a D1 AD, should be given his walking papers, but if not, I imagine knowing his exceptionally large ego that he will not do anything with McLAUGHlin for several years. If he did, the poor hire reflects on him directly. Therefore sadly, even if McLAUGHlin's/Dartmouth losing continues, I think we're stuck with him for a while. My friend in the athletic dept told me that of the final 5, McLAUGHlin had the least amount of D1 experience. I've seen the list. AD of Northeastern Peter Roby (former Dartmouth basketball player) told Sheehy to hire McLAUGHlin. He did. And he was the most "affordable" (remember Dartmouth AD "says" he values winning but, only so much.....). GBG
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.186 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:44 AM