Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Columbia
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
02-19-18 03:45 PM - Post#248622    
    In response to SRP

Oh - I definitely don't think it should be an all at-large field. Every conference should be represented (in fact, every conference should go straight into the field instead of this PIG nonsense).

At the same time, I'd never argue that a 15-seed is more "deserving" of being in the tourney than the first at-large team left out. It's a gift, given to all conferences, because the excitement of having a rep from all conferences is seen as a value add for the tournament. It's a gift given to all conferences because March is madness and every conference is a mini-bracket funneling toward this overall championship. While the NCAA allows each conference to award that bid however it sees fit, I think there's something sporting about participating in the same conference tournament to NCAA tournament structure that embodies the rest of March Madness.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.149 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:50 PM