Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: State of the team?
hoops123 
Freshman

Reg: 12-14-16
02-20-18 10:03 PM - Post#248736    
    In response to mrjames

Pretty funny "analysis" coming from a guy who works a calculator but never played the game. You're welcome to your opinion. Here's mine. Boudreaux is a genius and made a perfect decision leaving Dartmouth. He gets his Ivy degree and 2 years of eligibility playing basketball at a high level. SO, assuming anything you say is "correct" James, my sources in the Athletic Department confirmed that he had roughly 20+ high major teams contact the athletic department looking for his release paperwork. You know, scrubby teams like Kansas, and oh yeah, Chris Mack came after him from Xavier. Heard nearly every Big Ten school called...Have you heard of Synergy? The game film database that all coaches use? Every coach surely watched all of his college game film. You think they would offer him without thoroughly investigating his 2 year Dartmouth performance? No way. You think they didn't know his efficiency stats, his ORAT, etc?? Of course they did. You think they cared? Nope. If they listened to you, they wouldn't have called. But they did. And I assure you, they all called coaches he played for and coaches he played against. You don't think they know he was double and triple teamed every night, and he still averaged a double/double in league play? You think they know that the coaches, in both years, told him not to foul because they couldn't afford to play without him? I'm sure they do. Did you happen to notice that the teams around him were pretty awful in both years? I'm sure the coaches recruiting him did. So at the end of the day, we need Boudreaux in the worst way. We should never have let him get away (thanks McLAUGHlin and Sheehy). Our teams, especially future recruiting will suffer for years. They will all ask "why did Boudreaux leave?" And McLAUGHlin better have a good answer. Boudreaux held down the middle and was the backbone of the team for the two years we had him, and most teams could not stop him even with double and triple teams. (he had 950 points and 511 rebounds in 2 years (avg 17.5ppg and 9.5 r/g for those 2 years) and everyone made a big deal when Miles Wright got 1000 in four years!) And you know what, I (and surely Boudreaux) will take the fact that the 4th ranked team in the country (along with the other 20+ that apparently recruited him) wanted him badly enough to offer him a scholarship. I think Chris Mack and his staff know a ton more about basketball than some geeky stat based keyboard warrior who calls himself "Mr. James". If Xavier and all those other schools that recruited him think they'll be better with Boudreaux on their team than not, then Dartmouth would clearly be better off with him than without him. Your stats do not measure heart, work ethic, basketball IQ, intensity, toughness, desire, and all the intangibles that people who understand the game look for. Your stat based opinion is therefore worthless to me and falls to the bottom of the pile. Please go back and haunt the Harvard board and tell them how great they are ad nauseum. And when Boudreaux is hopefully playing in the NCAA tournament (I,at least, wish him well), you will still be typing up Ivy League stats and chirping to the ten old timers that make up the core of this board. Stats and a twitter account don't make you the least bit knowledgeable about the game of basketball. It just gives you something to hide behind.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.775 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:03 AM