American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Seedings Predictions
BUFan 
PhD Student
BUFan
Reg: 01-24-06
02-21-18 10:10 PM - Post#248851    
    In response to HuskyColonial

Looking at the standings, I THINK Colgate just clinched the 2 seed, as they would win a potential tiebreaker over Navy. (See edit below)

I also THINK the 8/9 are locked in as Loyola and Army. While they could flip flop between 8 and 9, we will be playing one of them a week from tonight. This is based off my understanding that Lafayette would have the tiebreaker over Loyola, Army (or a 3 way tie) even if Lafayette loses Saturday. This is because Laf, Loyola, and Army all split against each other. It would thus go to performance against 1st place Bucknell. As all got swept by Bucknell, it goes to performance against 2nd place Colgate. Lafayette swept Colgate which would give them the nod if my understanding is correct.

The most intriguing development for Saturday will be how 3-5 shake out. Lehigh looks likely to be in the 4-5 but could go to 3 if Navy loses and Lehigh wins. BU will be in the 4-5 game, but I think they would host it if they win and Lehigh loses.l by virtue of a better record against 3rd place Navy as all prior tiebreakers would not resolve it.

Lastly, I think HC and Lafayette could still flip between 6 and 7.

EDIT - I think Colgate has not officially clinched the 2. Lehigh could actually get the 2 if Colgate loses, Lehigh wins, and Navy loses. Lehigh and Colgate split so Lehigh’s win over Bucknell would give them the edge. However, if Navy wins and it is a 3 way tie with Gate, Navy, and Lehigh, Gate would still get the 2, as they had the best record (3-1) against the tied teams. This is confusing

Edited by BUFan on 02-21-18 10:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.451 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:29 PM