1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
Reg: 11-21-04
02-24-18 08:42 AM - Post#249150    
    In response to gokinsmen

• gokinsmen Said:
Another comedy of errors ends the season. Might as well forfeit to Dartmouth tomorrow. This team gave up weeks ago.

That one Brown game completely broke them and shattered their confidence for the rest of the year. How can one game do that? With this level of talent, it's inexcusable to have a collapse this historic.

Myles, Devin and Co. need the summer to recharge. And Mitch needs to go on some Tony Robbins-style retreat to figure out why he can't motivate his team.

Well, at least I have no motivation to drive up to tonight’s game from Baltimore in the rain.

I don’t think any of us thought this team would be great, but certainly good enough to make the tournament.

The collapse, as stated, started with the loss to Brown, continued with Bell’s air ball foul shot, and ended with the miserable free throw shooting down the stretch this game.

Also a couple defensive lapses by Desrosier.

Looking back, the knee injury to Gladson left us undermanned in the pivot. He also had a difficult time getting in the offensive and defensive flow due to his late entry into the lineup.

But to me, the Miami game showed the world that Cannady is guardable--you just have to put someone in his shirt. He can’t create space, and then he gets frustrated and drives to the hoop into the teeth of the defense, often creating turnovers.

Bell is frustrating; he has so much talent. My biggest criticism of Mitch is his failure to utilize Bell to advantage.

Stephens stepped up, mostly by taking 3’s and hitting them. But we all know about variance with the three ball. Harvard chose not to double him down low, and they are one of the few teams that can get away with it. I hope next year when he feels the double, he can find the open man on a kick out, but like Ian Hummer, may never be adept at it. If he could find the open man like Weisz, it would make teams much more reluctant to double him.

Stephens 4 of 5 from 3. Rest of team: 5 of 22. Ecch.

Much was forced to play D on the big man down low, and worked hard at it. I think that energy expenditure is why he shot so poorly.

I hope Carril spends the summer teaching Aririguzoh to shoot foul shots. The rest of his game has progressed wonderfully.

But next year we are still undermanned with bigs, and will presumably have a freshman point guard, while the rest of the league matures as well. I guess the goal next year is the same: just get to the tournament.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.287 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:24 AM