Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Brown
SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
03-02-18 11:20 PM - Post#250340    
    In response to Coloradotiger

Yep, ye olde matchup zone and some good old-fashioned defensive intensity worked wonders tonight. Except for too many ORs given up, it was impressive. I can't remember so many blocked and altered shots at the rim while still getting out (mostly) to the three-point shooters. One early horrible pick-and-roll screwup had me worried that that trend would continue, but after that the D was very good.

Seemed like Cannady just let the face-guarding take him out of the offense in the first half, but then he took the game over for five minutes in the second half. And he had that hilarious will-he-dunk-or-will-he-w hiff basket toward the end. Bell and Stephens dominated the game on both ends--when they are both good like that at the same time it's powerful. Desrosier had a very solid performance. Where was Much? Brennan did some good things, but man he is not good at avoiding fouls and also people can knock the ball out of his hands from behind when he stops to figure out what to do. Gladson serviceable in there, too--I thought that hook shot might go down.

And as I fantasy-predicted on another thread, Columbia proving that it will slip on every available banana peel with the loss to Dartmouth. Now we just need the Cantabs to defend their home court while the Tigers bring their newfound intensity to Yale and make this fourth-place nonsense interesting.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.439 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:34 AM