Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy League Champs!
AsiaSunset 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
03-05-18 09:41 AM - Post#250875    
    In response to LyleGold

I believe Ivy Champions in most sports are always declared for teams that tie during the regular season. The playoff in past basketball seasons was never to decide the Ivy champion - merely to decide who goes to the NCAA tourney.

So now we have what in effect is a 4 team seeded playoff rather than a two team playoff. The results in terms of making the season more relevant for more fans is undeniable. The one anomaly is holding the ILT in the Palestra which they will need to figure out. It would be easy to rotate to the gym of the number 1 seed but the fact is that the courts in the league include several which I'd describe as second rate high school gyms. So - my guess is it will eventually move to a neutral site. Everything changes slowly if at all in our league, but this will need to change and likely will.

As for those who still resist the ILT, understand you are now totally irrelevant. There is a reason the dinosaurs disappeared from the face of the earth. For those non Penn fans who question the Palestra as its home, that's pretty valid and my guess is it will need to be addressed, if not next year, then in the next couple of years.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:52 PM