Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Coach of the Year
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
03-06-18 02:22 PM - Post#251088    
    In response to penn nation

I was just reflecting on SD's coaching season. People have pointed out the strength of schedule and the decline of the league as reasons to discount the accomplishment.

The masterful coaching job was not because of the record in of itself and not because of the ivy league title. Those were byproducts of the coaching. The real beauty was in getting far more out of the talent than we've seen in the last decade. Everyone had a purpose and role and there was team buy-in. They competed to the end of EVERY game, even if there were mistakes in some of them.

I commented that I was impressed even after some of their early bad losses. An Ivy title makes it more obvious that SD was a great coach this year, but I think I would have felt that way regardless.

Hope he can recruit like mad from here, because he can clearly organize a team to play well.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:38 AM