Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy tournament
Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
03-12-18 11:21 AM - Post#252336    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

• HARVARDDADGRAD Said:
GG, you keep saying that. The league has also said that the current structure was an experiment. Things can change, and things need to be improved/fixed.

Glad to see you follow my posts!! And I will keep saying it until it sinks in to the Board's collective thinking. I went through something similar on the Voy Board consistently telling people to google the "Dayton Rule" when someone said he was afraid that Ivy football would go to D-III. Took years of perseverance, but I think everyone on the Board finally got it. No one has made the D-III prediction in a long while.

If you want my opinion, if we ever do the "higher seed" thing, it will be because the women feel that they are being shortchanged by being paired with the men's tournament, and want to go off and do their own thing. It won't be because a higher seed thinks it got screwed playing Penn at the Palestra. The latter is not a winning argument (literally, in fact).

Edited by Go Green on 03-12-18 11:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.165 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:23 AM