Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Game #28 - vs Harvard (ILT)!
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
03-14-18 10:00 AM - Post#252943    
    In response to rbg

A couple of comments on the Harvard Game. Cornell was outmanned, so I don’t want to harp on coaching decisions too much, but a couple were interesting. First, I thought Cornell seemed to try to sit on the lead too much over the last 6 minutes of the first half. I have no idea if that was intentional or brought on by Harvard and the stakes, but it felt like they wanted to get to halftime with the lead or a tie, and they played conservatively into a deficit.

My other comment goes to something they’ve done a surprising amount this year (at least to me). For a team that depends nearly exclusively on 2 guys for offense, Cornell spends a lot of time with both guys sitting simultaneously. Boxscore +/- isn’t a totally fair representation, since they make offense/defense substitutions so much, but it is weird that they both are net positive playing so many minutes on a team that is net negative. And even though the subs are exclusively offense/defense, they still leave a bunch of lost offensive possessions when there isn’t a stoppage to get Morgan and Gettings in.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.226 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:17 AM