Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Harvard Starting Lineup Next Year
CrimsonBlood 
Freshman

Reg: 03-15-18
03-16-18 07:11 PM - Post#253472    

I am curious what you guys think Harvard's starting line-up will look like next year? Aiken and Towns will be obviously be in the starting line-up. Lewis seems highly likely to back as a starter as well. But then it gets more interesting. Let me know what you guys think:

PG (1): Spencer Freedman (freshman)? This is a big question mark. He has great range and can distribute the ball. He might take some pressure off of Aiken and Freedman's 3 pt shooting should give Lewis/Towns more room around the paint.

SG (2): Bryce Aiken is back. He could also play the 2 though he would be small at the 2. If Freedman does not start, Aiken moves to the 1. The big question here is would you rather have Freedman come off the bench (he could excel I think in a 6th man role) and have Bassey play the 2 and have Aiken at 1? That combo would likely be better defensively but worse offensively.

SF (3): Justin Bassey/Noah Kirkwood. Bassey could also play the 3. You have a pretty small line-up if you go this route-- though it is very fast and dangerous offensively. Kirkwood seems like a natural SF at 6-7 with good ball skills.

PF (4): Seth Towns
C (5): Chris Lewis

Key bench Players:

-Kirkwood: (if he does not start)
-Freedman: (if you put Aiken at 1 and Bassey at 2
-Walsh: I really liked what he provided coming off the bench. He needs to get more comfortable passing and finishing around the rim, but he is a big body at 6-10 and 250 lbs.
-Juzang: stepped up big during the season but really struggled against Penn and Marquette.

I'm really curious to see what you guys think. I think if Spencer Freedman and Kirkwood can provide a nice lift, Bassey plays with the fire he had when Towns went down, and Aiken comes back full strength, Harvard could crack the top 25.

Am I crazy?!

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.466 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:31 PM