Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Harvard Starting Lineup Next Year
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
03-18-18 07:44 PM - Post#253734    
    In response to SomeGuy

Judging from the lineup splits, Harvard was pretty good with its best players on the floor in the OOC. That's why I'm inclined to believe that most of the OOC issues were either the playing around with lineups in November or the post-exam break loss of Bryce that took a while to work through. Given the consistency of how this team played once it got acclimated to a post-Bryce world and tended to give major minutes to the same players, I think it's pretty safe to use that as a starting point.

Harvard *could* be very good next year. It has the most productive class in the 16 seasons for which I have records. Not having *anything* in the 2014 class and very little in the 2015 class (not to mention the nearly empty 2013 class before it) was absolutely brutal. So much assistant coaching turnover led to some big misses. No matter how good of a recruiter Tommy is, it's hard to overcome that immediately (though the 2016 class is as close as you could expect to doing so). If Harvard even had a couple solid rotation players in each of those classes, it probably would have had little trouble winning the league this year and would be a huge favorite for next year. Instead, all it got this year was Corey Johnson's worst season at Harvard.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.138 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:56 AM