Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: next year, the deepest of deep dives
Jeff2sf 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-22-04
03-19-18 11:00 AM - Post#253789    
    In response to palestra38

The point of the Antonio Woods debate was talent? The guy is the 5th best player on a KenPom 130 team. Congratulations? "special" snort.

Jarrod, whom I so very much want to be good, was touted but was pushed to the bench in favor of players like Jake Silpe and Matt Macdonald. This was very definitely not a good freshman year for him. This is in no way a point in his favor.

Eddie got hurt. He had a wonderful game against Monmouth, a perfectly nice game against a high school/d3 team and was pretty lousy in the rest of the games (no seriously, go check). He was not touted to begin with. I sure hope we see more Monmouth, but if he shoots a still good but more normal 6 for 8, are we saying this was a good freshman year?

Jelani was touted. He also suffered a devastating knee injury. Many people come back from that. Some people don't. Some of the many who come back don't improve until their 2nd year playing. I hope we get two of Wang/Jelani/Jarrod/Eddie to make an impact and play in the Ivy Tournament. That would be a good thing. Yet it would be virtually impossible to argue that their impact will exceed Foreman and Wood's contributions next year. I think the improvement we can see from the other returnees will allow for an improvement. So I'd guess we'll be net positive as a whole, but not owing to the freshmen (edit - freshmen plus Jarrod who's a sophomore and coming off a not great freshman year) replacing the seniors.

Edited by Jeff2sf on 03-19-18 11:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.011 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:54 AM