Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Attendance for Abomination Finally Revealed
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
03-22-18 01:29 PM - Post#254102    
    In response to TheLine

Interesting information on the men's attendance. While not close to a sellout, I would have thought that there were more than 5,500 for the Penn semifinal and final.

It does not appear that any attendance figures have been released for the 3 women's games.

With regards to non-students, the Penn (men and women) and Princeton women seemed to bring the largest groups with the Yale and Harvard groups lagging. Although, Jill Glessner on last week's Inside Ivy Hoops podcast felt that those two groups showed up in good numbers.

After 2 years of the tournament, the Penn and Princeton groups have been the largest. It will be interesting to see if they show up if/when the tournament is played in a more northern location. I would think that they would show up in good numbers if it is in, or near, NYC, but less sure if it was north of NYC.

In that same podcast, Columbia's AD Peter Pilling was interviewed. I believe he mentioned that he would like the tournament to be held in a 5,000 or so seat neutral site in, or around, NYC, but did not have a definite location in mind. If it was not in NYC, then he felt it should be at an neutral arena along the eastern seaboard.

With regards to the NYC area, the Carneseca Arena at St.John's (Queens) is the only NYC area venue of that size, but dperry exposed some problems with that location when commenting on the Penn-St. John's NIT threat last Monday.

Jill Glessner also mentioned having it in the Boston Area. I cannot remember if she mentioned Matthews Arena at Northeastern, but it is a 6,000 seat capacity with a bit of history.

http://gonu.com/sports/2010/1/28/matt hewsarena.asp...

Perhaps that will be considered as an alternative option to Bridgeport or Uncasville.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.909 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:59 PM