Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2018 recruiting
AsiaSunset 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
03-23-18 09:58 AM - Post#254204    
    In response to weinhauers_ghost

Sounds right, but I still think SD would like to replicate similar dynamics to what worked for him at Cornell. That is - a mix of guys who can execute an inside/outside game and hit that 3 with regularity when the opportunity presents itself. I think we saw the impact a Caleb Wood type can have in his offensive scheme. So perhaps having a mix of guys who are athletic and can shoot the three is the ideal. I would not consider Michael Wang unathletic for a 6-10 kid. In fact he appears to have a better skill set than other tall players we've recruited. Imegwu also looks like he's a pretty decent athlete as well as a shooter, at least from what I saw in the highlight video. If we get Jake Hendricks, he would be the Caleb Wood lookalike, but in each case, every player has to master the offense and be prepared to grind it out on the defensive end to play for SD. I thought Caleb got way better in both areas as the season progressed and that, more than anything else, might have dictated an adjustment of Penn's allocated PT minutes.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.227 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:07 AM