American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Bison Recruits 2018
JDBison2010 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, SC
Reg: 11-23-10
03-23-18 02:38 PM - Post#254219    
    In response to Bison137

Bringing this thread back to the top since it's been over two months since we have heard about any offers.

At this point looking at our roster, we are very guard heavy and will have to play without a back to the basket big for the first time in a while. Not necessarily a bad thing since Davis likes to push the tempo, but it'll be interesting to see how we recruit big men moving forward. Nzekwesi, for example, looks to be able to step out and play on the perimeter. Even the little we've seen from Paul Newman makes me think Davis will look to add guys who can run the floor well.

My concern for next year is going to be the lack of depth at the center/forward position. We've been spoiled with two of the all time greats in Nana and Zach. Next year we will have two very good players starting at PF and C in Bruce and Nate, two guys who I'm sure went toe to toe with Nana and Zach during practice, but the issue is there is very little behind them. Both Nate and Bruce, given their history, will have a tough time staying out of foul trouble. If both guys can average 25 minutes/game I'd consider that a win even though ideally I'd like to see them at 30 given our depth. If they can only hang around for 25 minutes/game, that means Newman and Meeks might have to each play around 10-15 minutes each or we go with a much smaller lineup. No way getting around it, Newman will have to play next year. Jones might be able to play a few minutes at PF but the reality is that Meeks is, size wise, comparable to Zach and might very well be a key player for us next year

I hate when this board is dead. Hoping we hear about a 6'7+ kid committing so that we can get some more conversation going
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.103 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:10 PM