Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: New Ivy League TV Deal with ESPN
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
04-04-18 04:48 PM - Post#254796    
    In response to Go Green

Here's an update from ESPN:
https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/201 8/0...

- ESPN and the Ivy League have reached a comprehensive, 10-year deal for ESPN to become the exclusive national media rights holder for the prestigious conference, carrying more than 1,100 events annually from more than 30 sports on ESPN media platforms. The majority of those will be exclusively available on ESPN+, the new direct-to-consumer sports streaming service launching April 12 from The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International division in partnership with ESPN. The Ivy League will also have at least 24 events air on ESPN’s linear networks each year, including historic rivalries such as The Game: Harvard-Yale football, and new traditions like the men’s and women’s basketball conference tournaments. -

All conference-controlled men's basketball, women's basketball, football, men's hockey, women's hockey, men's lacrosse and women's lacrosse will be available on ESPN linear networks or ESPN+.

Of the 24 ESPN linear events, there appear to be 6 football, 6 men's basketball regular season, 2 men's basketball semis, 1 men's basketball final, 1 women's basketball final, 2 men's lax semis and 1 men's lax final. I cannot tell what the other 5 games would be from the press release.

Also, not sure how many conference-controlled games for sports like soccer, baseball or softball will be available.

Also, not sure if things like the weekly Mike Martin Show, Yale's Blue Madness and Harvard's Crimson Madness will be made available, as it was on ILN.

The price for the ESPN+ App will be $4.99/month. For those with ILN, the yearly package is now $119.95 ($9.99/month) and the four-month package is $49.95 ($12.49/month). The new product will be cheaper and hopefully have improved quality (for me, I can barely hear the audio on the Yale men's and women's basketball games). The one thing I hope that ESPN uses is the 15 second forward and rewind buttons. It really helps when watching games on delay.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.209 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:20 AM