Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Another meltdown?
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
01-21-05 02:18 PM - Post#2548    

The last four games against Brown, Yale was supposed to win.

After a terrific 01-02 campaign, they came into 02-03, and then 03-04, as "the team that could get it done". And in both years, they lost their first two Ivy games to a Brown team they were supposed to beat. And then they were done.

It's not lost on me how important these early season games are to Yale. In each case, Brown has derailed Yale's title hopes even before they got started. If I'm Yale, THIS is the game I've been waiting for since last season, and THIS is the game I get up for. Not Princeton. Not Penn. Those games are meaningless if I can't beat Brown.

If his reaction at the end of last year's home game on YES was any indication, Alex Gamboa definitely understood this. As he walked to the bench late in the game - a game in which Forte exploded on him - he looked like he was going to kill somebody. And with good reason.

And here we are, once again, with a game that Yale, playing at home, is supposed to win. Brown's played well in stretches this season, and returns arguably the league's best player in Forte and a definite second teamer in Ruscoe - but the rest of them are freshmen and sophomores who are still getting comfortable at this level. They're talented, but almost most of them have yet to play a single Ivy game minute.

Will they finally do it?
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.256 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:22 PM