Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Another meltdown?
Alexander Goot 

Reg: 11-22-04
01-22-05 12:01 AM - Post#2553    
    In response to Bruno

In the name of selfish promotion....

There is no doubt that Bruno is right, and Yale realizes the importance of the game tommorow night, and they said as much when I talked to Gamboa and Draughan this week. Some of their thoughts, as well of those of Coach Jones, are included in my notebook column available in the Yale section as premium content. (Not a premium subscriber yet? Well what the heck are you waiting for? ) /advertisement

Anyways, I don't think it is a stretch to call this game a must win for the Elis. With the Penn/Princeton trip looming, Yale has to win at home, and hope to steal one on the road. I feel like I can't talk about this game without sounding like a broken record from the last 2 seasons. Yes, Yale has the talent. Yes, they should probably be the favorite on their home floor. Yes, there is no reason why they shouldn't come out with the necessary energy. Will it happen this time? Well, that's why they play the games.

One thing I'll say though, even though some people might view Brown as "down" given their graduation losses, I still count them as a VERY dangerous team, and an Ivy-Title contender, if only because of the fact that Miller's teams always seem to hit that extra gear when Ivy play comes around, and I don't expect this year to be any different. I expect the same kind of close, hard fought game that these teams have played in the past, and I don't think anyone should be dissapointed if the Bulldogs eek out a close game. Brown will still be very tough, and a win is a win.

That said, if Yale goes down, and the Brown jinx continues, it's gonna be real tough for the team to stay optimistic. I don't think it is a stretch to call this Yale's biggest game in the last 2.5 seasons. The snow will be falling in New Haven, so come on out to Payne Whitney, or, if you can't make it out, be sure to tune in on WYBC-AM and read the basketball-u update here on the site after the game. Ciao!
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.213 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:17 AM