Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Voy Board
CUBballFan 
Freshman

Loc: East Coast
Reg: 04-23-18
04-23-18 12:30 PM - Post#255667    
    In response to Chet Forte

Yeah, the father has posted a few things in the past that are very pointed, but they seem to target any and all coaches who don't appear to be serving the players well. The timing could be indicative that he is referring to CU, but (regardless) he does make good points no matter what coaching he is referring to.

I spoke with both Faulds and Hanson this year and they both seem to be great young men, as well as talented ball players. You add these two departures with Andrew P. quitting the team, several upperclassmen not playing well and appearing like they've lost their confidence, Hickman's siblings' overt dissatisfaction, alumni voicing their concerns, and you do have to wonder wth is going on.

Also, I spoke with Faulds' father after one of the games and he seemed very reasonable. What he said to me made alot of sense and it all had to do with building young men up, instilling confidence, holding people accountable, and very positive - all good stuff. He wasn't even badmouthing the coaches, just talking in general. Last weekend, I talked with a guy who said the father is well connected in the AAU and HS coaching scene and well respected. The message I got was that he was reasonably and passionately advocating for all players being subjected to that style of coaching - not just his son.

Losing two top recruits from, possibly, the best recruiting class in CU's history, plus Andrew, plus losing a bunch of games they shouldn't have lost = trouble in Morningside... and it doesn't appear to be the players or the parents. I am not aware of everything going on, but none of those players appear to be living up to their potential (for whatever reason).

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.29 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:33 PM