Username Post: Bison Recruits 2019
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
04-25-18 08:43 PM - Post#255889    
    In response to res

• res Said:
I assume he must be the four-star that HC70 made some cryptic reference to on the HC board.

I don't think so - since his comment was from early this morning. To begin with, there is no-one on the planet who knows less about recruiting than HC70 (except perhaps his fictitious "AAU friend"). He gives enormous credence to the ESPN rankings - which are a complete joke. Almost any player who is tall as a freshman gets a 3 or 4 star ranking, which sticks with them forever. Of the Bison offers in the past few days, three or four are ESPN four star players - Brayboy, Jarvis, Wahab, and maybe Evtimov. The ESPN ranking may or may not mean anything.

If you look back through the ESPN rankings, there are tons of 3 and 4 star players who never even get a D1 offer. Lafayette's incoming big man, Sean Good, got a 4 star from ESPN. Looks like he will be a solid PL center, but certainly not a 4 star player. Will not be as good as Foulland, Kempton, Muscala, etc. - and I wouldn't be surprised if he is not as good as Trist or Mintz.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.119 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:39 AM