Username Post: New Recruits an Next Years Lineupps
Silver Maple 
Postdoc

Loc: Westfield, New Jersey
Reg: 11-23-04
05-01-18 08:26 AM - Post#256173    
    In response to SomeDartmouthStudent

• SomeDartmouthStudent Said:
I'm not sure what you're asking? Do you want me to lay out all my credentials and contact with the team so you can verify if my assessment is valid?

I cant imagine what a current graduating senior would have grudge wise against a team whom he has rooted for the past 4 years despite being pretty awful.

I have been embedded with the coaches, players, and overall Dartmouth population since I matriculated. Joining purely because I loved basketball and was too unathletic to actually play it. I joined this board to voice insights, talk about our success (awkward), and provide on the ground reporting. Evidently I am making things up and holding a grudge.

I'll put it simply. I've lived through four years of uninspired coaching, poor institutional support, and a fanbase that is dwindling because we don't win. I'll leave out an uninspiring coaching search as I guess there is still time to find inspiration (although it is dwindling). The fact that you see basketball being a priority at Dartmouth is shocking, and perhaps indicative of an issue permeating the few remaining fans. Dartmouth Basketball is simply an afterthought.

But, as happy as I am to finally reset the password on my original account I am also happy to realize that perhaps as I graduate it is best to step away. The discourse here is more echo chamber than dialogue.

Looking forward to next season!

~SDS

OK, Mr. Embedded, I'll ask the obvious question: how do all your close personal friends among the players and coaches feel about the fact that you're posting all your insider knowledge on a public message board?
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.233 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:54 PM