Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: New Recruits an Next Years Lineupps
flinder 
Freshman

Reg: 11-16-16
05-01-18 10:41 PM - Post#256269    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

I think we can all agree that the program's not where we'd want it to be, and that Dartmouth seems to have made myriad missteps in attempting to right the ship over the past...several decades?

I can also totally understand SDS's desire to maintain a bit of anonymity, not that I gather a lot of people affiliated with Dartmouth basketball are actually reading this forum (or care a ton about who says what here). I have access to a little bit of insider perspective, and I'd rather not share how I know anything, either.

I don't think it's that coaches and Sheehy don't care, exactly. I think it's more a matter of there being less pressure to promote excellence over competence than there would be for coaches and administrators at, say, Harvard. Or Penn. Or Princeton. Or Yale.

I think we have trouble attracting players because (a) we're a rural school, (b) the campus is perceived as conservative, and (c) we haven't won an Ivy title since 1960. How do you overcome those three factors until you actually win with a group you've got? Somewhere along the line, the team has to overachieve; when was the last time Dartmouth did that? The Sea Lonergan years?
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.175 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:20 AM