Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Next season
Dr. V 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-21-04
05-03-18 03:46 PM - Post#256353    
    In response to cc66

I wonder how much we contributed to the first. I don't know the answer to that question because I have no idea who, if anyone, reads these boards other than ourselves. Be that as it may, I kept my eyes and ears open at the banquet but didn't see or hear anything that confirmed any sense of discord either between or among the players and coaches. FWIW, I was surprised, to put it mildly, to hear that Hickman apparently thinks he can play professionally in the NBA and that Faulds supposedly thinks he can walk on at Michigan. Neither Faulds nor Hansen attended the banquet; everyone else was there.

Regarding next year, I subscribe to the school of thought that holds that, leaving aside schools who recruit one and done players, experience is key for purposes of rational speculation about the future. We bring back our top three scorers, top three rebounders and top three assist leaders. Among players who started at least 10 games, we return 44.6 points/game and 18.6 rebounds/game. We lose 8.7 points and 3.1 rebounds.

Obviously one or two injuries can skew any team's performance and, as importantly, who knows whether any/some/all of our players will improve or stay the same or get worse over the summer into the fall. If they are going to improve, guards/wings tend to improve most between the first and second years (although Adlesh showed very significant improvement between his second the third years--but maybe his injuries earlier had something to do with that). Bigs are more unpredictable. Two talented players, Stefanini and Bibbs, will be sophs. And the two incoming may be expected to contribute, so taking all of this together, it's likely that we'll be better next year.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.547 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:00 PM