Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2019 Ivy Tournament at Yale?
TheLine 
Professor

Reg: 07-07-09
05-30-18 01:38 PM - Post#257384    
    In response to Tiger69

• Tiger69 Said:
The record is stuck. Is there anything new to say? Or should we vote our preference?

I'm only responding because I respect you. But I don't get the point. It's quaint in a uniquely Ivy way to think that a vote of (mostly) old dudes on a board would hold any importance. Not because we shouldn't have a voice but because this whole debate is antiquated in a Make Ivy Basketball Great Again kind of way.
  • Tiger69 Said:
1). No tournament -- return to old format of "14 game Tournament" with possible playoff for bid in case of tie(s).

LOL. The time is past. No one but old dudes staring at a message board would go back to this.
  • Tiger69 Said:
2). 4 team playoff at Palestra

Not happening either. And I said this months ago - the league won't tolerate The Palestra as a permanent site if Penn returns to being a good team
  • Tiger69 Said:
3). 4 team playoff at regular season champ's court

Which champ, men's or women's? Oh, you want 2 tournaments? LOL. And how is this not an effective downgrade from option 2) if Harvard (or any other team) reels off 5 straight in season championships? Because then we're just trading The Palestra for Lavietes. Wonderfully bad idea that won't happen because the powers that be want a combined tourney anyway, making this option moot.
  • Tiger69 Said:
4). None of the above

Given the constraints we have, I'm OK with a rotating tournament provided every college gets a shot to host. I'm also OK with Yale getting next years - Jones is the dean of coaches, why not give it to him? This is mostly better than hosting it at some sterile "neutral" location though I have no idea how to shoehorn all the fans into the 2000 seat arenas that most of the Ivies call home.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.18 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:25 PM